Saturday, March 12, 2011

Artists that inspire me

Hey everyone!

I wanted to take time to write about some of my favorite make up artists that really inspire me to get better every day.  They are 4 people that work in different genres of make up and are 4 very different people in and of themselves.  Sometimes I get insecure about my work, but these four people remind me that everyone has a different style, technique and approach to make up.  Hopefully you'll like them!  And hopefully I'll work up the guts to show some more creative work!  Here we go!  Take a look at some of my faves:

Kandee is probably the cutest person I've ever seen ever.  She's a Hollywood make up artist that blogs about everything from her kids, to "how to" videos, to just passing on some inspiration to the rest of us.  She's incredibly talented at character make up, able to duplicate every character from Poison Ivy to Princess Jasmine.


Check her out, she's pretty amazing!

She's the visionary artist behind the Illamasqua brand of make up.  She's truly amazing in her use of color and different techniques!  I even wanted her platinum streak in my hair, but Maricel said heck no and gave me purple instead :)
Here is some of her work:

She's an Irish born, London based make up artist who works with color and texture like no one I've ever seen. At such a young age, she's been the lead make up artist at so many fashion shows and photoshoots, it's incredible.  Here is my favorite piece of her work:
                                                                 (amazing!!!!!)

He makes up Lady Gaga a lot...and he's awesome.  He's worked with just about everyone and has worked for just about every magazine.  Here's my favorite piece by him:


Now, who wants to sit for me and let me do my take on some of these?!?!!?

No comments:

Post a Comment