Thursday, February 10, 2011

Basic Skin Care

Hey guys!

Lately, I've been having people ask me questions about taking care of their skin.  I've been getting all kinds of questions from what type of cleaners and moisturizers to use to how to get rid of blemishes and imperfections.  Hopefully this post will answer those questions and turn people on to some products they haven't tried before.  So, here we go!

The first step to getting great skin for everyone is to DRINK WATER!  Be sure to drink 64oz of water every day to flush all the impurities out of your skin.  Also, to go to the bathroom every 10 minutes :).   Drinking 64oz of water (only 4 standard 16oz Deer Park bottles!) is pretty easy if you break it down throughout your day.  Try 32oz before lunch and 32oz after lunch, before leaving work.  If you're the type of person who MUST have a coke during the day, save it for a reward once you get home for drinking all your water that day.  Besides, with all the water you need to get in, you won't have time to think about coke.  So, getting enough water and staying hydrated is the first step.

The second key is proper exfoliation of your skin.  You don't need any fancy tools to exfoliate, just a regular, sturdy washcloth.   My favorite cleansers to exfoliate with are Biore's Complexion Clearing Pore Unclogging Scrub.  It's got those little round blue things in the cream, which are great for exfoliation.  Use this twice a day applying with your hands and wiping off with a warm, wet washcloth.  Your skin will feel amazing.  Also, this runs about $5-7, so it's perfect for everyone's budget!

My second favorite product is MAC's Green Gel Cleanser.  It runs about $20, but can last for 6 months with every day use.  You don't need a lot with this stuff!  Use this twice daily with a washcloth and your skin will look and feel great!

MAC Green Gel Cleanser 
The last step to getting great skin I want to share today is using some kind of moisturizer.  If you have really oily skin, finding a good moisturizer that isn't too greasy is hard.  I've tried lots, and I've found that my favorite moisturizer isn't a moisturizer at all.  It's actually a foundation base from MAC called Prep and Prime.  This is light enough to give a little moisture to oily skin and strong enough to hold your foundation on all day.  It runs about $26 but can last about 3 months with every day use.http://wonderfulwortelworld.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/mac-prepprime-skin.jpg
Well, that's about it for this first post on skin care.  Hopefully this gave some good info and I hope you'll try some, or all of the products.  Thanks guys!


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the advice Sara!!!! There is no possible way for me to go to the bathroom every 10 mintues, I would miss to many phone calls. LOL!! I am very interested in trying the exfoliaton creme. I may have to pick some up this weekend, you know I am getting up there in age.
    I will let you know how that all works out.

    ReplyDelete